The colorful Nishikigoi (Cyprinus carpio) or Koi originated from the common brown carp, but were selectively bred by the Japanese over the years. The selective breeding resulted in different koi carp varieties, typically defined by their color and patterns. In this article, you’ll learn about some of the most common koi carp varieties, as well as their defining characteristics. … Discovering The Different Varieties Of Koi FishRead More »
Gin Rin Koi
READ THE LATEST
Gin Rin Koi
When you are first getting into keeping koi fish, you probably notice a lot of different terms being thrown around to describe the different types and special colorations of koi fish. This is because koi breeding is actually an ancient art form that originates from centuries ago at the point of the first ornamental koi’s creation. Since koi breeding in the traditional sense has been around for so long, it is understandable that the vocabulary of the art is quite extensive. Let’s explore the different words used in the koi varieties identification and see if we can make it a...
- A Guide to Koi Fry Colors
- Can I Keep Koi And Goldfish In The Same Tank?
- Where to Buy Koi Fry Online
- How To Go About Keeping Koi In A Small Pond
- A Guide to Koi Pond Care for Beginners
- A Guide to Raising Koi Fry
- Baby Koi – How To Not KILL Them
- How to Set Up an Indoor Koi Fish Tank
- What Is A Carp And What Is A Koi
- Where Can I Find Above Ground Koi Ponds for Sale?