The colorful Nishikigoi (Cyprinus carpio) or Koi originated from the common brown carp, but were selectively bred by the Japanese over the years. The selective breeding resulted in different koi carp varieties, typically defined by their color and patterns. In this article, you’ll learn about some of the most common koi carp varieties, as well as their defining characteristics.
READ THE LATEST
- A Guide to Koi Fry Colors
- Where to Buy Koi Fry Online
- Can I Keep Koi And Goldfish In The Same Tank?
- A Guide to Raising Koi Fry
- How to Set Up an Indoor Koi Fish Tank
- 5 Best Gravity Fed Pond Filters
- The 5 Best Sand Filters for Koi Ponds
- Baby Koi – How To Not KILL Them
- Homemade Koi Fish Food
- What On Earth Is A Ghost Koi